Put away the pepperoni. We’re making Thai chicken pizza for dinner tonight.
The average pizza has its place. But we’re breaking down the walls of your traditional pie with this recipe. This flavorful take will be your new favorite come pizza night.
Lizi Heaps shares how to bring all the bold flavor to this Thai inspired pizza. She also shares how to crisp the crust to perfection.
Find more recipes from Lizi at www.thefoodnanny.com.
Thai Chicken Pizza
- Peanut Sauce:
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 fresh garlic clove crushed
- 2 Tablespoons chunky peanut butter
- 2 pizza dough balls to make two 10 to 12 inches pizza; Tuscan Sun Pizza dough recipe page 133
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 fresh garlic cloves crushed
- 1 cup chicken breasts cooked and torn into pieces or shredded
- 6 thin slices fresh Buffalo Mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons shredded carrot
- Sliced red onion to taste optional
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup whole peanuts
Pre-Heat over to 500 degrees
Prepare the dough for your pizza. Or use 2 frozen dough balls, thawed.
Prepare the Peanut Sauce:
In a small sauce pan over medium heat bring the vinegar, sugar, brown sugar, soy sauce, red pepper, salt and garlic to a boil stirring frequently.
Remove from heat. Whisk in the peanut butter. Set aside. Sauce must be slightly warm to spread on pizza.
Prepare the pizza dough:
Roll out your dough ball at a time. Place the dough on an oiled pizza pan or baking sheet. Or, on a pizza peel with a little flour and cornmeal to move pizza to a stone or tile.
Mix 2 Tablespoons olive oil in a small bowl with garlic. Brush the mixture over the entire pizza dough.
Spread on half the Peanut Sauce. Spread the chicken pieces around. Disperse the cheeses evenly. Sprinkle carrots and onion, if using. Bake in a 500 degree oven for 6-8 minutes on bottom oven rack until crisp. Remove from oven and sprinkle on the cilantro and peanuts.