Broiled Steak Tapas with Black Bean Salsa
1 can (14oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can (14oz) corn, drained
1 small onion, diced
1 jalapeno, seeded and diced, optional
1 red pepper, seeded and diced
½ bunch cilantro, minced; reserve some for garnish
Juice of 2 limes
Salt and pepper to taste
Cayenne pepper to taste
1 12 oz premium cut steak
Remaining ingredients needed:
16 small corn tortillas
2 avocados, pitted and diced
Oil for cooking
Lime wedges for serving
1. 1 12 oz premium cut steak.
2. Season steak with salt and pepper.
3. Broil on high aprox 7 minutes or until cooked to desired temperature.
4. Remove from broiler and let rest for several minutes.
5. Prepare black bean salsa and set aside. Broil steak and let rest. Meanwhile sauté corn tortillas in a fry pan lightly coated with oil. Heat in batches, cooking only for 30 seconds or so on high heat; set on a plate and continue to heat all tortillas.
6. To assemble Tapas style place small scoop of black bean salsa onto a heated tortilla, top with avocado, a couple slices of steak, a garnish of cilantro and lime wedge.
Line on a platter and serve.