Christmas Pine Cone Cheese Ball
8 oz. cream cheese
3 oz. Cache valley sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
3 oz. Cache valley gouda, shredded
3 Tbs finely chopped onion
1 tsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
Salt and black pepper to taste
½ C whole almonds or pecans
Rosemary sprigs for garnish
1) Allow all three cheeses to soften at room temperature. Meanwhile, sauté onions in a
small amount of extra virgin olive oil and Cache Valley butter (1 tsp. total) for 3-5 minutes
or until translucent. Allow to cool slightly.
2) Combine all ingredients and mix well with an electric hand mixer at medium speed until
3) Cover mixture and chill for 4 hours or overnight.
4) Remove chilled mixture from refrigerator and form into conical pine cone shape.
5) Place nuts one by on atop outer surface until cheese ball looks like a pine cone. Top
with rosemary sprigs to resemble pine needles.
6) Chill until ready to serve. Serve with assorted crackers or breads
Rosemary, Apples, and Cheese Puff Pastry Appetizer
1 cup Cache Valley Swiss cheese, shredded (4 oz)
1/3 cup chopped and toasted pecans
1 oz cream cheese, softened
1 teaspoon fresh rosemary leaves, crushed or 1/2 teaspoon dried
2 medium apples, peeled and sliced
1 box puff pastry sheets
1. Mix Swiss cheese, pecans, cream cheese and rosemary. Cut each apple into 16
wedges; set aside.
2. Roll pastry sheets into a rectangle. Cut horizontal rows, the make each row into a
triangles, Cut each triangle in half lengthwise, for each triangle: Spread 1 tablespoon
cheese mixture over each triangle; place 2 apple slices along wide end of each triangle. Roll
up each triangle from wide end and place point side down 1 inch apart on ungreased
3. Bake at 375°F 18 to 22 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
*Should make 16-17 appetizers
Classic Cheese Fondue by Cache Valley
1 C dry white wine
2 Tbs flour
7 ounces Gruyere cheese, shredded
7 ounces sharp Cache Valley Cheddar cheese, shredded
7 ounces Cache Valley Swiss cheese, shredded
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
1 garlic clove
1. Combine shredded cheeses with flour in a zip bag and shake to combine.
2. Season fondue pot by rubbing garlic clove along the bottom and sides. Simmer wine
in fondue pot.
3. Slowly add cheese mixture, ¼ pound at a time, stirring constantly. When all the
cheese has melted, season with salt and freshly grated nutmeg. Serve with dippers.
For more information, you can visit their facebook site, facebook.com/cachevalleydairy