Caramel apples bites are the new way to enjoy this fall flavor pairing.
There is no dispute: caramel and apples are a perfect pair! This time of year, we start to see caramel apples pop up everywhere.
Beverly Constantine shares two delicious and simple recipes that have all that classic taste, but without the hassle.
Beverly teaches Gourmet Caramel Apple classes throughout the fall. You can find her current class schedule on her Instagram, @MyChunkyTable.
Caramel Apple Bites
- 1/2 lb. dried apple rings
- 1lb Peters Caramel block
- 10-12 oz Ghirardelli white chocolate melting wafers
- Cinnamon sugar mixture (1/2 C. white sugar. 1/2 C. brown sugar, 1/2 Tbsp cinnamon)
- Line a cookie sheet with a silicon mat or parchment paper. Cut dried apple rings in half.
- Heat white chocolate in microwavable safe bowl for 30 seconds at a time stirring each time until completely melted and smooth. Set aside. Then heat caramel in a separate microwaveable safe bowl for 30 seconds at a time, until melted and smooth. Alternatively, heat on stove top in a nonstick pan over low heat stirring often to avoid burning.
- Dip each apple piece in the caramel covering 1-2 to 3/4 of the apple. I recommend using tongs to avoid contact with the hot caramel. Place on silicon lined cookie sheet to cool. After dipping all apple pieces, take each piece and dip into white chocolate. Be sure to shake off the excess, as this is just acting as a glue for the cinnamon sugar mixture. After dipping into white, immediately coat in cinnamon sugar mixture covering entire white chocolate. Then return to the cookie sheet to set up and dry. If you would like you can drizzle with white chocolate to elevate appearance.
- Store in an airtight container until ready to enjoy.
Cream Cheese Caramel Dip
- 1 (8oz) block cream cheese, room temp
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 C. powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp LorAnn Carmel Bakery Emulsion
- 1/2 C. chopped pecans
- Caramel sauce for drizzle (I used Torani Puremade Caramel Sauce)
- In a bowl, combine cream cheese and brown sugar until incorporated. Then stir in powdered sugar until completely combined. Add the caramel emulsion and mix well. Spoon into a serving bowl, sprinkle nuts on top and then add caramel drizzle. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve with fresh sliced apples, cookies, or graham crackers.