1/2 lb. shelled and deveined fresh medium or small shrimp
1/2 lb. 2 chicken breasts, very thinly sliced
8 oz. dry rice stick noodles Cooking spray
3 cloves fresh garlic, pressed or minced
1/3 C. shredded carrots
1/2 C. (4) green onions thinly sliced on the diagonal
1/3 C. red bell pepper strips very thinly sliced
1 tsp. chicken base or bouillon
1/2 C. hot water
1 Tbsp. fish sauce
2 Tbsp. soft brown sugar, divided
2 tsp. dark Oriental sesame oil
1 tsp. Chinese chili sauce
2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
4 tsp. finely chopped salted peanuts
1/3 C. fresh coriander leaves
These items can be found at your local Oriental market and are available in the specialty food sections of most larger supermarkets.
1. Coarsely chop shrimp, and set aside.
2. Soak noodles in warm water for 10 minutes or until soft, drain and set
3. Mix chicken base with 1/2 cup hot water. Stir in fish sauce, 1 tablespoon
brown sugar, sesame oil, chili sauce, and lime juice then set aside.
4. Lightly spray a non-stick or stick-resistant wok or large skillet with
cooking spray and preheat on medium-high. When pan is hot add garic, carrots
and chicken, stir fry for 1 minute, add shrimp meat and continue to cook,
stirring constantly for 2 minutes. Add green onions, red pepper, and drain
rice noodles stir-frying all ingredients together for 1 minute.
5. Add chicken base mixture to noodles, stir frying all ingredients together
until mixed well and heated through.
6. Sprinkle chopped peanuts, coriander leaves and another tablespoon of brown
sugar over noodles and serve.