6 boneless/skinless chicken breast halves cut into bit size pieces
2 cups Captain Crunch Cereal
1/2 cup Corn Flakes
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 egg, beaten
1 cup milk
1. Cut up chicken breast halves into bite size pieces. (Hint: Chicken Breasts cut easier when semi-frozen)
2. Crush the Corn flakes and Captain Crunch Cereal, in a Ziploc bag, with a rolling pin.
3. Combine dry ingredients in a deep dish or pie tin and mix well.
4. Mix together, beaten egg and 1 C of milk in a bowl.
5. Dump chicken bites into the liquid first and then using a slotted spoon, put into the dry ingredients. Stir them, so they are well coated.
6. Heat oil in a frying pan to 375 degrees and fry for 4-6 minutes or until golden brown.
7. For the “Less Fat” inclined cook, follow the same instructions, however, don’t fry in oil, but heat up the oven
to 350 degrees and bake for 20 minutes until crispy.
Tangy Mustard Sauce
4 Tbs. Grey Poupon country style mustard
6 Tbs. mayonnaise
2 tsp. yellow mustard
2 tsp. creamy style horseradish sauce
2 tsp. honey
1. Add all ingredients into a mixing bowl. Mix. Chill until served.
Jackie McKenzie teaches classes at the Pleasant Grove Macey’s in March and April. Call the Macey’s service desk at 801-796-6601 to register or to find out more information.