2 cups chicken, cooked and cubed
4 oz. cream cheese
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
2 tablespoons onions or chives, chopped
2 tablespoons pimento
2 tablespoons milk
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 can crescent rolls
croutons or corn flakes, crushed (optional)
melted butter or margarine
1. Boil chicken until done and no pink remains. Cool and chop into small cubes.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the cream cheese, butter, onion, pimento, milk, salt, and pepper.
3. Stir in chicken and set aside.
4. Open crescent rolls and place each piece of dough flat on a lightly greased baking sheet.
5. Place several tablespoons of chicken mixture on the center of each piece of dough.
6. Roll up dough around the chicken mixture making sure are edges are sealed.
7. Dip each chicken roll in melted butter and roll in the crushed croutons or corn flakes (optional). Place on baking sheet.
8. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with chicken gravy if desired.
To make chicken gravy add 1 can cream of chicken soup to a small saucepan. Add 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice and stir well. Add milk or sour cream to thin to desired consistency. Cook over low heat until hot. Serve over chicken roll-ups.