Sometimes, you need an easy meal you can put together with minimal mess.
Lindsey Hargett shares some one pot meals that are healthy and delicious.
Chicken, Sweet Potato, and Asparagus One-Pan Dinner
2 medium sized (1 lb total) boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
1 tablespoon kosher salt, divided
1 ½ teaspoons freshly ground black pepper, divided
1 tablespoon olive oil
Salt and pepper
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 medium sweet potato, peeled and diced
½ cup chicken broth or water
½ lb (half a standard bundle) fresh asparagus, cut into 1-2 inch pieces
1. Season the chicken pieces with 2 teaspoons of salt and 1 teaspoon of pepper.
2. In a large skillet over medium heat, add olive oil, garlic and chicken. Sauté the chicken for about 7-10 minutes or until it is cooked through, stirring occasionally. Set chicken aside in a bowl.
3. To the skillet, add sweet potato and chicken broth.
4. Cover and cook for about 7-10 minutes or until the sweet potato is just about cooked, but not mushy.
5. Add asparagus, season with remaining 1 teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper, and cook for about 4-5 minutes.
Red or yukon gold potatoes for the sweet potatoes.
Any green vegetable (broccoli, zucchini, brussel sprouts, etc.) for the asparagus.
Ground or whole italian sausage, chicken sausage, or cut up pork chops for the chicken.
You can add your favorite spice rub (steak seasoning, italian seasoning, etc.) when cooking the chicken, and again when finishing up the vegetables. The possibilities are endless!