Use up your excess zucchini with these chocolate chip zucchini cookies.
If you have a garden and have more zucchini than you know what to do with… try these delicious chocolate chip zucchini cookies!
Amy Hackamack shares the recipe. Her mom used to make these cookies every summer growing up during zucchini season. They made for the perfect after school snack!
Chocolate Chip Zucchini Cookies
- 1 C grated zucchini
- 1/2 C organic white or brown sugar
- 1/2 C raw organic honey
- 1/2 C organic butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 C organic flour (feel free to experiment with your favorite wheat substitutes)
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 C dark chocolate chips
- Cream the butter, sugar, and honey.
- Mix in shredded zucchini and egg.
- Add your dry ingredients and mix everything well.
- Spoon onto parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes at 350 degrees or until tops are just starting to turn golden and firm to the touch.