These cucumber snacks are a simple and delicious!
If your garden is overflowing and you’re on the hunt for ideas to use all your cucumbers, you’ve come to the right place.
Suzy Robertson shares three snack solutions that call for this garden favorite veggie.
3 Cucumber Snacks
Tomato Cucumber Avocado Salad
- Red onion, sliced thinly & chopped
- Breanna’s red wine vinaigrette (or red wine vinegar & EVOO)
- Salt & pepper
- Cut all vegetables into bite sized chunks & slice red onion thinly. Notice there are no amounts on the recipe. That’s because you can make this a lunch for one or a big party salad.
- Put all ingredients in a bowl and toss with vinaigrette until the vegetables are lightly coated and then season to your liking!
- It will stay good in your refrigerator for 2-3 days. Enjoy!
*There is no exact recipe but some estimated amounts for a party/family size are: 2 c cherry tomatoes or 2-3 garden tomatoes, 1 cucumber, ¼ red onion chopped, 2 avocados, ¼ c. or more vinaigrette or 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar & 3 Tbsp olive oil, & ½ tsp salt & ¼ tsp pepper. These are approximations but just season to taste!
Cucumber Slices With Laughing Cow Cheese
- Slice snacking cucumbers in half lengthwise or if you have regular cucumbers, cut into round slices.
- Then spread laughing cow cheese triangles on sliced cucumbers with a sprinkle of TJ’s seasonings (there are lots of different, fun options like Ranch, Green Goddess & Everything But the Bagel)
Marinated Cucumber & Onions
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- ½ sweet onion, sliced thinly (or shallots)
- ¾ c. rice, apple cider, white or white wine vinegar
- ¾ c. water
- 1 ½ tsp. sea salt or Real salt
- 1 ½ tsp. sugar or coconut sugar
- Freshly cracked pepper, if desired
- Mix all the ingredients together in an airtight container big enough to hold all the liquid & the cucumbers & onions. Mix the liquid together well and then add the cucumbers & onion.
- Wait at least 15 minutes to eat cucumbers so they can soak up the marinade. They will stay good for about 2-3 days in the refrigerator, but the cucumbers will start to get slimy & too acidic to eat after that. You can keep reusing this marinate throughout the week with new cucumbers!