One batch of the BBQ chicken could last you all week long.
Barbecue chicken is always a crowd pleaser, and it’s simple to prep ahead of time!
Megan Millecam shared how you can make three dinners in one kitchen session. She uses her recipe for a crockpot BBQ chicken to prep a large batch at the beginning of the week. Then, she has it on hand to make a variety of different meals. Megan shares the recipes for BBQ chicken pita pizzas, BBQ chicken salads, and BBQ chicken sandwiches.
Crockpot BBQ Chicken
- Place raw 4-6 chicken breasts in crock pot with 1/2 cup of chicken broth. Cook on high for 3-4 hours, or until chicken begins to look cooked.
- Drain off fat & excess liquid from crock pot. Cover chicken in BBQ sauce of choice, typically using around 2-3 cups of BBQ sauce.
- Cook for another 1-2 hours, or until chicken shreds easily. Shred chicken & serve.
*If cooking chicken from frozen, add an additional 1-2 hours on to your initial crockpot baking time.
BBQ Chicken Pita Pizzas
- Preheat oven to 425. Place pitas on a baking sheet. Spread BBQ sauce over pitas. Top with BBQ chicken, cheese, red onion, pineapple, & cilantro.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes, or until cheese is completely melted.
BBQ Chicken Chopped Salad
- Chop romaine lettuce. Top with BBQ Chicken, red onion, chopped tomatoes, corn, avocado, tortilla strips, chopped cucumbers, black beans, & cheese.
- Top with ranch dressing.
BBQ Chicken Sandwiches
- Fill rolls of choice with shredded BBQ chicken & enjoy!
*Optional: top with coleslaw, or pickles. Serve with a side of sweet potato fries, or a simple salad.