Maple Cinnamon Shortbread Drop Cookies
Makes 18 cookies using a 1.5 oz cookie scoop
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
With an electric hand mixer, cream together butter and powdered sugar. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
Using a cookie scoop, drop dough onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet. Bake for 12-15 minutes. Cookies are done when the edges just start to turn a golden color. Don’t overbake! While the cookies cool, make the maple glaze.
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) salted butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon maple extract
- 2 Tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
Mix all ingredients together until mixture is creamy. If frosting is too thick, add an extra tablespoon of heavy whipping cream until desired consistency is reached (it should be easily spreadable). Heat the glaze in the microwave in 10 second intervals twice, stirring in between. The glaze should be a little runny. If needed. microwave an additional 10 seconds.
When cookies are completely cooled, dip each cookie in the glaze. The glaze can also be drizzled on top.