As the end of the year approaches, you might want to thank your children’s school teachers for what they’ve done over the past school year. The traditional apple has long since been replaced by more creative gifts.
Emily Hover from Pioneer Party shares some clever ideas to thank teachers.
1. If teachers were flowers, I’d pick YOU! (this saying has been used before, but we love the idea of using a flower clip attached to a dowel and then place the dowel in a bright plastic cup that is filled with candy). Flower clip can be used not only in hair, but belts, jackets, etc.
2. Hero Lunch Box: A play on words using the idea of a Hero sandwich. A gable box is filled with chips, a drink, and a gift card to a local deli for a sandwich. The tag on the outside is what makes this so unique. “Lettuce” thank you for giving us knowledge… I know this is “cheesy” but you really are the best!
3. Sanity Soda: a liter size soda with a bottle wrap attached. It’s “Sanity Soda” – what every teacher needs, right?! Instructions are clear: take 1 tsp to calm nerves after a class party, take 2 tsp to unwind before going home, take 3 tsp for energy to get thru a full day of school, drink the whole darn thing for putting up with us this whole year! Because everyone needs a little sip of Sanit…
4. Super Teacher Gift Bag: a treat and goody bag all “super hero” themed. A bottle wrap with the big “S” emblem is wrapped around a POWERade. We’ve included lifesavers, an energy bar, etc. and don’t forget the Super Hero cape!!
5. Teacher Subway Art: so many of these darling subway art designs are floating around the blog world… we just wanted to show a couple of ways to give them. (attach to a clipboard – with or without modge podge, frame in a $$ store frame, paint a cereal box, then modge podge the art onto the front – creating a 3-d look)
6. Thanks for WATCHing over me throughout the year! You really are the best. (we have the cutest slap watches in the store right now. Only $10 and they come in lots of bright fun colors)
7. Calculator Gift: Attach the following tag to a calculator. Of course, make sure you add some treats and a bright ribbon! 2 teach is 2 change lives = 4 ever. No Matter how you add it up, you’re a great teacher!
8. Gumball Jewelry: Thanks for your “gum”mittment to our class this year. You really “stick” out as a fabulous teacher! (we have lots of 1″ bright gumballs for this project)
9. Binoculars made out of Sunny D. drinks: Connect two drinks together, add huge googly eyes to the caps, add ribbon and paper for handles, and a tag that reads, “After searching the world over, EYE found the greatest teacher!”
10. Thumb tack deco balls: These darling decorative balls are just made out of Styrofoam balls and simple flat topped thumb tacks. Color coordinate your tacks, stick into the ball in a pattern, and spray paint at the end of if you’d like. Make a whole jar full for a teacher’s desk or just one wrapped in a cello bag. Cute to look at and useful at the same time! (plus cheap!) Wahoo! Attach a tag that reads, “Teacher, you’re sharp as a tack! Thanks for a great year, and hope you have a ball this summer!”
11. Good News! Set up like a newspaper article, the tag reads, “GOOD NEWS! Teacher makes it thru the school year without a nervous breakdown…!” Good News CANDYbars are the star of the show in this gift.
All of these gifts are pre-made and ready to purchase for a quick and easy teacher gift. Visit us in our store in Lehi or online at www.pioneerpartyandgift.com, 154 West Main Street, Lehi, UT. 801-768-3549