David Kent Jones, author of Online Teen Dangers and President of Computer Parenting, talks about what you should know to keep your children safe.
What if you could look over your child’s shoulder any time you wanted. Simply knowing that your invisible presence could be there would certainly make your adolescent think twice before venturing into the dark corners of the Internet.
By monitoring the Internet activity of your children you’d be better able to make decisions about what websites and programs they regularly use.
Imagine being at work and using Computer Parenting to quickly find out that your kids are playing video games instead of doing homework after school. With Computer Parenting, as long as you are able to access an Internet browser, you’ll be able to monitor your kids’ computer activity and take control at anytime.
• View live screenshots
• View what your children are typing in any program; including emails and instant messages
• View what programs are running
• View what window is currently active
• View logs and screenshots of past activity
Computer Parenting is a revolutionary new web-monitoring solution that allows you to monitor and control your children’s computer activity all with a few simple mouse clicks. You’ll be able to easily understand your children’s computer usage and make decisions about inappropriate content. Best of all, Computer Parenting will make sure your rules are always enforced – even when you aren’t home.
With Computer Parenting you’ll be able to send your kids a warning message. If that doesn’t work, you can remotely close the program and block it from ever being run. When your children’s homework is done, you can unblock the program using your browser. It’s really that simple! With Computer Parenting, as long as you are able to access an Internet browser, you’ll be able to monitor your kids’ computer activity and take control at anytime.
Remote Control Features:
• Send messages to your children remotely
• Close selected windows permanently from any remote computer
• Log your children off at anytime
• Force a shut down of the computer
• Change content blocking settings
Unfortunately, many parents fail to protect or monitor their children’s online activities. Unaware or unconcerned about the real dangers that lurk on the Internet, parents often leave their kids’ safety up to chance.
With Computer Parenting you can finally take control of your children’s online and computer experience while better protecting your family from the dangers of the Internet.
Does your teenage son or daughter close the door to the computer room, or have access to the computer when no one is home. Can you really be sure they aren’t viewing pornography or other inappropriate content? According to a recent Department of Justice survey, 25% of kids who use the Internet had inadvertently stumbled upon sexually explicit material that they were not seeking out.
Content Blocking Features:
• Block video games
• Block unsafe websites
• Block programs like file sharing, instant messenger and online gaming programs
Activity Logging Features:
• Logs application usage (including when and what window the user has opened and has active). This is not limited to browser activity. Our software logs any open window or program as well as who is logged in.
• Logs keystrokes
• Logs browser activities
• Provides periodic screen shots of your children’s activity (Computer Parenting can send automatically for every 15 minutes of activity or anytime on demand
Computer Parenting is available at Deseret Book or to learn more, go to their website at www.computerparenting.com