If your garden blooms need a home and you’re tired of using the same glass vase—Michelle Virtue with BYU Campus Craft and Floral offers some other innovative and inspiring container options.
Keep in mind that your container should be water tight or able to be lined with a heavy plastic liner. Each room in your house has the potential to be a treasure trove of fun floral holders. Start in the kitchen & garage & move on from there!
• Plastic cups: Cover the cups in cellophane or fun tissue paper. Accent with ribbon.
• Recipe Box: Take your ordinary recipe box and make it into a centerpiece. Fill with a mass or flowers, potted green houseplants, or a fun mix of spring pansies.
• Candlestick: Design with an oasis cage atop a candlestick. Showy and tall, your guests will be amazed at your creativity.
• Cake Stand
• Canning Jar: With limitless possibilities, the basic Mason jar serves as an informal container perfect for a picnic or garden party. Wrap wire around the mouth and hang it on your front door for a touch of color.
• Bucket: Take an ugly bucket or utilitarian glass vase and cover it with fabric, tissue, foliage, or a fabric napkin.
• Serving Dish
• Pitcher: Fill with fresh cut flowers from your garden.
• Trifle Dish
• Tool Box
• Take-out Box
• Food Container
• Watering Can
• Fish Bowl
For a great selection of fresh flowers and home décor, visit BYU Campus Craft & Floral:
Campus Craft & Floral
Provo, UT 84602