Bring out the fan food for the big game coming up. These veggie appetizers will have your crowd saying, “what mini sausages?”
Nettie Frank shares three recipes that will kick off your game day the right way.
- 12 rosemary sprigs
- 24 mini fresh mozzarella balls
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 12 fresh basil leaves
- olive oil to drizzle
- balsamic glaze to drizzle
1. Pull of 2/3 off of rosemary sprig.
2. Assemble skewers with mozzarella, basil leaf, tomato and mozzarella.
3. Drizzle olive oil and balsamic glaze. Salt and pepper. Serve cold or hot!
- 1 English cucumber
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper
- 1 (8oz.) cream cheese- soft
- 4 green onions- chopped
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Black pepper
1. Score the cucumber with a fork. Cut cucumber into 1 inch rounds. Using a teaspoon measurement, scoop out the center of each cucumber round.
2. In a medium bowl combine cream cheese, green onions, salt and pepper. Place into a piping bag or ziplock bag.
3. Pipe cream cheese mixture into cucumber cups.
4. Brunoise dice the bell pepper and sprinkle on top of cream cheese.
- 1 box puff pastry dough
- 1 bunch of Asparagus
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup water
- salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Lay puff pastry sheets onto a parchment lined cookie sheet.
3. Using a fork, score the edges of the puff pastry. Then using the fork, poke holes all over the dough.
4. Combine egg and water with a whisk. Use a pastry brush to brush the egg all over the puff pastry dough.
5. Use 1 cup of each cheese, spread all over dough.
6. Lay asparagus down, season with salt and pepper.
7. Put remaining cheese on top of asparagus.
8. Bake for 25-30 min.