These puff pastry pockets are basically an up leveled ham and cheese sandwich!
What would make a basic ham and cheese even better? Wrapping it in crispy puff pastry! Stuff it with ham and cheese and a touch of Dijon mustard for a quick lunch that is a little more exciting than sandwiches.
Rachelle Nielson shares what makes this recipe so easy to make. You probably already have most of the ingredients in your fridge right now. Turn these pockets into an appetizer for you next gathering by slicing them in half!
Find more recipes from Rachelle on Instagram, @cinnamon_and_coconut.
Ham and Cheese Puff Pastries
Makes 8 pastries
- 1 cup chopped deli ham
- 1 cup shredded Colby Jack cheese
- 2 tsp. dijon mustard
- 2 frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 1 egg + 1 Tbsp. water for egg wash, whisked until combined
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
2. Combine ham, cheese and mustard in a medium bowl until ingredients are evenly distributed. Set aside.
3. Roll out 1 sheet of puff pastry on a cutting board until it measures about 12”x10”. Using a pizza cutter, cut the pastry into 4 even squares.
4. Place about 2-3 Tbsp. of ham and cheese mixture on one side of each square leaving at least a 1/2-inch of space from each edge. Brush egg wash on outside edges of each square and fold the dough over to cover the ham mixture.
5. Press 3 edges on each pastry with a fork to completely seal the dough. Make two diagonal slits on the top of each pastry with a knife and brush tops with the egg wash.
6. Place pastries on the baking sheet about 2 inches apart and repeat steps with remaining puff pastry and ham/cheese mixture.
7. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until pastries are golden brown.
8. Let cool about 5 minutes before eating. Serve warm.