This recipe is healthy without skimping on the taste!
Suzy Robertson shares how to make chicken with a delicious spring salad.
Crispy Quinoa Chicken and Strawberry Spinach Salad
8-10 cups Spring mix & Romaine mix
1-2 fresh sliced mangoes
1 pint fresh sliced strawberries
1 avocado sliced
1 small red onion, sliced
1/4 cup fresh crumbled feta
Crispy Chicken Ingredients:
1 cup quinoa (dry)
4 small boneless, skinless chicken breasts, (evenly sized)
1 tsp garlic powder
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1/2 cup almond flour or wheat flour
2 large eggs, beaten
Breann’s Poppyseed or Blush Wine Vinaigrette dressing-or mix ½ and ½
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2) Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray. (I used avocado oil or olive oil spray)
3) In a large saucepan, cook quinoa according to package instructions. (I like to cook it in chicken broth to cut the bitter taste)
4) Season chicken with garlic powder, sea salt and pepper, to taste.
5) Working in small batches, dredge chicken first in flour, dip into eggs, then dredge in quinoa mixture, pressing slightly to coat each breast.
6) Place chicken onto the prepared baking sheet. If you want them really crispy, you can spray them with oil if you would like. Place in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown, and cooked through. When the chicken is done and if it’s not browned, turn the oven on broil & let it brown the quinoa for a minute or two. It will make the quinoa extra crispy! Yumm!
7) While chicken is cooking, arrange salad ingredients in large bowl.
8) Slice, & serve warm immediately over spinach salad.