10 ounces of frozen or fresh broccoli (I use fresh)
3 cups cooked chicken, cubed
2 cans Cream of Chicken Soup (Condensed)
1 Cup Mayonnaise
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/4-1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
1 cup sharp Cheddar Cheese
3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
3 Tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
2 cups cooked rice
1. For raw or frozen broccoli, cook in boiling water for 1-1 1/2 minutes. With frozen broccoli, drain. If using raw, plunge broccoli immediately in ice water bath after removing from boiling water. Drain.
2. Add cooked rice to the bottom of the greased Casserole Crockpot pan. If baking in a regular oven, add to a greased 9×13 pan.
3. Place drained broccoli and chicken over the top of the rice.
4. Combine soup, mayonnaise, lemon juice, and cayenne pepper. Pour and spread over the chicken and broccoli.
5. Sprinkle the top with shredded cheese.
6. Combine bread crumbs and melted butter.
8. Sprinkle bread crumb/butter mixture over the top of the cheese.
9. If using Casserole Crockpot, cover and lock the lid. Cook on high for 2.5 hours or until heated through and cheese is melted and bubbly. If cooking in conventional oven, bake at 325 degrees for 35 minutes or until heated through and cheese is bubbly.
10. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Serve with a side salad and rolls.
Find more recipes at mydaylights.net.