Jinger Adams of Provo Craft uses the Cricut Imagine to create a greeting card that is “something to crow about!”
Cricut Imagine™ Electronic Print and Cut System with Imagine More cartridge
Three sheets of 12″ x 12″ white paper
Ribbon: brown patterned
1. Using the Image More cartridge and white paper, select the Something to Crow About image. Click the pencil button. Click the Layers button. Select the blue piece. Scroll through the color palette and select the green swatch to change the color. Change image size to 2.8 in. Click Apply.
2. Select the default shapes button. Select the square with rounded corners. Click the pencil button. Select the blue swatch. Change size to 5.0 in. Click Apply.
3. Select the Imagine More cartridge. Select the image with the strawberry and the word sweet. Click the pencil button. Click the Layers button. Click Apply. Delete all images in this step except the notebook page image. Select the notebook page image and click the pencil button. Change size to 5.0 in x 7.7 in. Click Apply.
4. Select the image of the sun with the words good times. Click the pencil button. Click the Layers button. Click Apply. Delete all images in this step except the brown piece. Select the brown piece and click the pencil button. Change the color to the blue flower pattern. Change size to 2.5 in x 3.0 in. Click Apply.
5. Select Something to Crow About image. Click the pencil button. Click the Layers button. Click Apply. Delete all images in this step except the crow image. Select the crow and click the pencil button. Change size to 3.0 in x 4.2 in. Click the Flip Horizontal button. Click the Apply button.
6. Select the bonus content card. Click the pencil button. Change size to 6.0 in. Change the color to the blue and white pattern. Click Apply.
7. Add the bonus content card again. Click the pencil button. Change the size to 10.0 in. Change the color to the brown check pattern. Click Apply.
8. Click Next. Click Next again. Load machine with mats as prompted. (Project should fill three mats.) Remove images from mat when completed.
9. Assemble card. Ink edges of blue square with rounded corners and blue flowers piece. Trim notebook page piece to fit on blue square. Ink edges. Layer together. Adhere large crow to card as shown using foam squares.
10. Assemble envelope. Fold brown check piece so front piece is about ½” shorter than back piece. Adhere blue and white patterned piece inside as shown. Ink edges.
11. Layer Something to Crow about pieces together using foam squares. Adhere to front of envelope as shown. Tie ribbon around envelope as shown. Slide card inside envelope.
Cricut Imagine™ lets you design, print, and cut together to take all of your creative projects to the next level. Now you can add full color textures and patterns for one-of-a kind, handmade, professional-looking projects that reflect your creativity and personality.
With HP, the world leader in inkjet printing, combined with Provo Craft, the world leader in paper crafting, Cricut Imagine offers vivid, full color, photographic quality artwork that adds a new level of detail and dimension to your projects. With Cricut Imagine Art cartridges, Cricut Imagine Colors & Patterns cartridges, together with all original Cricut® cartridges, you’ll get a vast library of artwork, with hundreds of thousands of images, fonts, and full phrases for more creative control and personalization than ever before.
Save time on all your projects by simplifying the layering process, or you can add detail to your layers in minutes. Easily match all the different parts of the project you’re working on—no more searching around for the perfect materials that match.
The easy-to-use LCD touch screen lets you customize your designs in minutes, without a computer. For even more customization, combine images in new ways with the Gypsy™ Handheld Design Studio for Cricut.
From beginners to experts, you’ll have fun making a wide variety of projects, including scrapbook layouts, cards, home or office décor, education materials, special event signage, and much more!
Circuit Imagine offers endless possibilities; the rest is up to you.
For more information about the Cricut Imagine™ Electronic Print and Cut System, visit www.cricut.com/imagine. The Cricut Imagine machine can be purchased on September 14th from HSN.
Come and sample the latest and greatest in scrapbooking and crafting at The Original Scrapbook USA Expo at the South Towne Expo Center.
Dates: September 10th – 11th, 2010
Show Hours: Friday, 10am – midnight
Saturday 10am – 6pm
Location: South Towne Expo Center, Sandy
Get discount details, and purchase tickets online at www.scrapbookusaexpo.com