It’s a restaurant and takeout favorite that’s easier than you might think to make at home! In under 30 minutes, you can serve up Chinese style egg rolls and a variety of sauces to dip them in. Whether you make them for a party or a Friday night in, they’re sure to be a treat for your taste buds.
Chef Daniela Oliveira from Harmons shares her recipe for Chinese Egg Rolls.
To get more recipes and food tips from Daniela, go to www.harmonsgrocery.com.
Chinese Eggrolls with Dipping Sauce
Total Time: 30 minutes
Chef Daniela Oliveira
- 1 package (18 oz.) of egg Rolls wrap
- 4 cups of frying oil or Air fryer
- 1tsp.Sesame oil
- 1 cup carrots sticks
- 2 cups coleslaw shredded
- 2 Green onions thinned sliced
- 2 eggs (optional)
- 1 can (8 oz.) Shredded bamboo shoots
- 1 lb. shredded chicken (leftover chicken)
- 1 can (8 oz.) shrimp
- 1 tbsp. Hoisin Sauce
- 2 tsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. sugar
- Salt to taste
- 1 egg white beaten to seal wrap.
Plum Sauce (Kikoman), Peanut Sauce, (Tsang) Organic Asian fusion sesame Teriyaki Sauce
- If using eggs, cook eggs in a skillet with a tsp. of sesame oil and set aside. Combine Hoisin sauce with chicken and reserve.
- In the same skillet, add cabbage and carrots, cook for 2 minutes. Add chicken, bamboo, green onions, soy sauce and sugar.
- Add bamboo, the chicken or the shrimp. Continuing cooking until veggies are soft, not mush, and there is not a lot of liquid left.
- Refrigerate for an hour.
- To assemble the egg rolls, place the wrapper on the counter with one point of the square facing you.
- Place about 2-4 spoons of filling onto the bottom third of the wrapper. Fold the bottom corner over filling and roll firm to ½ of the roll. Fold the sides over and brush some egg white on the edges of wrapper to seal after you finish rolling. Repeat until all is done.
- Keep the rolls wrapped in plastic so it doesn’t dry up.
- Heat the 4 cups of oil (350F) and fry your egg rolls until golden brown. (About 5 minutes)
- You can spray some olive oil or oil onto the rolls and fry using your air fryer.
- Use paper towel to drain the fried rolls.
- Garnish with some fresh green onions and sesame seeds (Optional)
- Serve with the Sauces.