1 package (18 1/4 oz.) fudge marble cake mix
1 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 cups buttermilk
1 bottle (1 oz.) red food coloring
1 tsp. vanilla
5 Tbl. flour
1 cup milk
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 cup sugar
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1. In a mixing bowl, combine contents of cake mix and baking soda.
2. Add eggs, buttermilk, food coloring and vanilla; blend on low speed until moistened.
3. Beat on high speed for 2 min. Pour into 2 cake (greased and floured) or sprayed with Baker’s Joy-9″ round pans.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 min. or until a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool for 10 min.; remove from pans to a wire rack to cool completely.
5. For Frosting: Whisk flour and milk in a saucepan until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 min. or until thickened. Cover and refrigerate.
6. In mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add chilled milk mixture; beat for 10 min. or until fluffy. Stir in vanilla. Frost between layers and top and sides of cake.