1 1/2 pounds tenderized minute steak
1/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon dried mustard
1-2 tablespoons oil
1 can (14.5 oz) stewed tomatoes, crushed or cut
1/2 cup celery, sliced thin
1/2 cup carrots, diced
1/2 cup onions, diced
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon instant beef boullion
1 teaspoon brown sugar
1 small can mushrooms (optional)
1. Heat oil in frying pan. (electric works well)
2. Mix flour, salt and pepper together. Dip steaks into seasoned flour.
Brown both sides in hot oil.
3. Add tomatoes, celery, carrots, onions, Worcestershire sauce, bouillon,
brown sugar, and mushrooms.
4. Cover and cook on low for one hour or until meat is very tender. If using
frying pan, you may want to add a little water if it should tend to dry during
the last half of cooking time. It can be baked covered, in 350 degree oven for
5. Taste and correct seasonings. Serve with noodles or rice. Serves 4.