No offense to pumpkin, but we’re mixing up this apple cinnamon bread ASAP!
Pumpkin everything steals the spotlight this time of year, but apple and cinnamon is a combo that doesn’t get enough attention. You get the sweet, you get the spice, and all the fall flavor wrapped into one slice of bread heaven.
Heather Smith, with Orson Gygi, shares the recipe. She shares why using the exact ingredients is so important, and how to layer your apples and cinnamon mixture for a pretty swirl.
Apple Cinnamon Quick Bread
- 1/3 C Packed Brown Sugar
- 2/3 C White Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 C Unsalted Butter, softened
- 2 Whole Eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract (or Butter Vanilla Emulsion works nicely)
- 1 1/2 C All Purpose Flour
- 1 3/4 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 C Whole Milk (or buttermilk for a nice tang)
- 1 Whole Apple, peeled & chopped