Erin Hill, manager and buyer for Albert Chloe boutique shares four fashion tips to follow.
By adding a few key pieces to your closet, however, you can update your look and stay current without breaking the bank or starting over. Here are five of this fall’s essentials to watch for.
1. An Animal Print Cardigan- Animal print can be fun, playful and edgy, or classic and chic depending on how you wear it. As a result, an animal print cardigan can be a great addition to any wardrobe. An animal print it is a great way to spice up your other neutral pieces, especially black. Choosing a “traditional” tone of cheetah or leopard print will make the look much more timeless and classic, while choosing an animal print in a bright color will give the look a bit more of an edge. Whether paired with a pencil skirt, or over that little black dress, or simply thrown on with jeans on the weekend, it is a great piece to update your look.
2. A Leather Jacket- Whether you go for a leather bomber jacket with a bit of edge, or a more classic shape, a lightweight leather jacket is a great piece for layering this fall. Look for jackets with fun details such as zippers, and pay attention to the fit. Try mixing a leather jacket with a feminine top or throwing it over a dress to give it a softer, fresh look.
3. A Velvet Blazer- Velvet used to be thought of as an evening fabric. However, velvet is a huge trend for fall this year, especially worn more casually. Look for a fitted velvet blazer or jacket that comes in at the waist to show off your shape. By pairing a velvet jacket with jeans and a classic white blouse or simple top, you can achieve a very pulled together and sophisticated look. Plus, you can always throw it on for an evening out for a dressy look.
4. A Bold Statement Necklace- Accessories are always a great way to update your wardrobe and complete your look. Try pairing a unique, chunky necklace with a very simple black tee or sweater. It instantly adds interest and is high impact, though actually quite effortless. Plus, detail at your collarbone, draws attention to upward and can help to create a long lean look when paired with sleek simple pieces. Look for interesting necklaces with large jewels, flowers, or ribbon and chiffon detailing.
5. A Bright Bag- A great handbag gives any outfit a polished look. This fall, bold colors are very in. A handbag is a great way to make this season’s trend of bold, bright color work for you. Whether you choose a jewel tone such as a raspberry or cobalt blue, or go brighter with a red tone, a colorful handbag adds a splash of color without seeming over the top. It’s a great way to spice up a neutral wardrobe
1510 South 1500 East
Salt Lake City, UT 84105-2810