2 cups instant rice
1 can French onion soup (undiluted)
2 cans water chestnuts (drain and discard liquid)
2 cans mushrooms (save liquid)
1 Tbl. butter
1/2 cup sliced almonds
1. In a microwave safe bowl, mix soup and liquid from mushrooms. Add enough water if needed to make 2 cups of liquid.
2. Place all ingredients in bowl except almonds. Cover.
3. Microwave 10 to 12 minutes at 100% power or until all liquid is absorbed.
4. Serve as a side dish. Water chestnuts can be whole, sliced, or chopped as desired.
5. When ready to serve, sprinkle almonds over rice and stir together.