9″ baked pie shell
5 cups fresh, whole or sliced strawberries
1/4 cup sugar
1 cup water
3 Tbl. cornstarch
1/8 tsp. salt
2 Tbl. corn syrup
5 Tbl. dry strawberry jello
1 tsp. vanilla
1. Arrange sliced or small whole berries in a baked pie shell. Set aside.
2. Combine sugar, water, cornstarch, salt and corn syrup in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until thickened. Remove from burner.
3. Add dry jello and vanilla. Stir until well blended.
4. Pour hot gelatin mixture over berries and put in refrigerator to chill.
5. Garnish with dollop of sweetened whipped cream.