1 1/2 recipes Light Graham Cracker Crust prepared using a 10 to 12-inch tart tin orround shallow pan
1 8-oz package fat free cream cheese, softened
1 8-oz package light cream cheese (4.5 grams fat per serving), softened
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 cups fresh fruit, a combination of any fresh sliced fruit; peaches, pears, pineapple, kiwi, sliced strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, etc. can be used
For Lemon Glaze:
1/4 cup water
1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
1. Prepare Light Graham Cracker Crust according to directions. After removing from oven allow to cool completely. Cover and refrigerate 2 to 4 hours or overnight.
2. Combine all glaze ingredients together in a small saucepan and heat over medium-high. Stirring frequently, bring thickened glaze to a low boil. Pour glaze into a small bowl and set aside to cool. Sauce can be made a day ahead and refrigerated.
3. Using a wire whisk or an electric mixer on medium speed, mix cream cheese together with powdered sugar and vanilla until well blended.
4. Carefully spread cream cheese evenly over chilled crust. Top cream cheese decoratively with fruit. Using a pastry brush or spoon, lightly cover fruit completely with cooled glaze. Cover and chill an additional 2 hours or until ready to serve.
Yield: 12 pieces each at approximately 225 calories; 4.5 grams total fat; 2.7 grams saturated fat; 15 milligrams cholesterol; 40 grams carbohydrate; 2.3 grams dietary fiber; 6.7 grams protein; 343 milligrams sodium.
Traditional recipe contains 300 calories and 18 grams total fat per serving
Light Graham Cracker Crust
1. Preheat oven to 375º F. Combine crumbs, sugar and melted margarine in the bottom of a 8- to 10-inch spring-form pan. Pat crust evenly over bottom and 1/4-inch up sides of pan. Bake crust for 8 minutes, remove from oven and set aside to cool.
Yield: 10 servings at approximately 70 calories each; 1.8 grams total fat; 1 gram saturated fat; 4 milligrams cholesterol; 13.5 grams carbohydrate; 0.4 gram dietary fiber; 1 gram protein; 106 milligrams sodium.