3 cups lime sherbet, softened
1 8-oz package 50% less fat cream cheese
1 14-oz can fat free sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup fresh lime juice
1 8-oz container fat free whipped topping, thawed
1 light gram cracker crust
9-inch spring form pan
1. Prepare crust according to recipe instructions and set aside to cool, about 30 minutes. Place crust in freezer and allow to chill before filling with sherbet and lime cheese filling.
2. To soften sherbet microwave for 10 to15 seconds on medium. Mix sherbet until smooth with a rubber spatula and pour over chilled crust. Using spatula spread sherbet over crust evenly. Return to freezer during the preparation of the cheese/lime mixture.
3. In a separate bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually blend fat free sweetened condensed milk and 1/2 cup fresh lime juice into cheese. Carefully fold whipped topping into cheese mixture and pour evenly over top of sherbet. Cover pan and return to freezer for 3 hours to overnight.
4. Before serving, run a wet knife around the outside of cake and carefully remove sides of spring from pan. Allow cake to soften 3 to 5 minutes before serving.
Yield; 12 servings each at approximately 293 calories 4.5 grams total fat; 2.6 grams saturated fat; 15 milligrams cholesterol; 55.5 grams total carbohydrate; .5 gram fiber; 6 grams total protein and 255 milligrams sodium.
Compare made with regular ingredients at 480 calories and 20 grams total fat.
Light Graham Cracker Crust
1 1/4 cups low fat graham cracker crumbs or 10 whole crackers, crushed
2 tablespoons white or brown sugar
3 tablespoons Land O Lakes Light Butter (5.5 grams fat per 1 tablespoon) or other light butter or margarine, melted
1. Preheat oven to 375 F. Combine crumbs, sugar and melted butter or margarine in the bottom of 9-inch spring-form pan. Pat crust evenly over bottom and 1/4-inch up sides of pan. Bake crust for 8 minutes, remove from oven and set aside to cool.
Yield: 10 servings at approximately 70 calories each; 1.8 grams total fat; 1 gram saturated fat; 4 milligrams cholesterol; 13.5 grams carbohydrate; 0.4 gram dietary fiber; 1 gram protein; 106 milligrams sodium.