On a football weekend, this is the home cook’s way of putting skin in the game.
Si Foster shares some great game day eats.
Baked Potato Skins
6-8 Russet potatoes, washed and patted dry
2-3 tablespoons melted butter
1½ cups grated cheddar cheese
½ lb bacon, thick cut is best
2-3 green onion stems, chopped or parsley, chopped
1 cup sour cream
1) Pre heat oven to 375.
2) Prick potatoes with a knife or fork in a couple of places.
3) Place potatoes on oven rack or on a cookie sheet in oven.
4) Bake potatoes for 45-50 minutes or until knife is inserted easily into potato.
5) While potatoes are cooking, cook bacon until crisp and chop, set aside.
6) Remove potatoes from oven. Let cool for about 10 minutes. Rub outside of potato skin with a little olive oil.
7) Cut potato in half length-wise. Using a spoon or scoop remove the inside of the potato to a bowl or ziplock bag. Leave about ¼ inch of the potato in the skin.
8) Brush the inside of the potato with melted butter and sprinkle with salt.
9) Place grated cheese into each of the potatoes. Top with chopped bacon.
10) Place the potatoes on a cookie sheet and slide back into oven for about 5 minutes at 375 or until cheese is melted. Remove to serving patter or container for transporting.
11)Just before serving, top with a dollop of sour cream and chopped green onion or parsley.
12) Serve warm or at room temperature.
For more information visit www.abountifulkitchen.com