We receive loads of press releases, touting the perfect Valentine’s Day gifts
for men. And it got us thinking, what do men want from a gift, at
Valentine’s or any other day.
Studio 5 producer, Michelle Torsak decided to ask men what they want, and
their responses make our lives a whole lot easier!
I interviewed 25 men at all ages and stages in life and came to the
1. They get lost on sentimental, but they appreciate the personal.
· Put family pictures on containers and fill with snacks for his cubicle.
Each person in the family represents a type of treat. For example: Sweet,
salty, spicy, sour.
· Custom fortune cookies; www.fancyfortunecookies.co
2. They are cognizant of family funds, so they appreciate the small
· Fill an oversize Coke bottle with quarters to be used for vending
machine splurges; Walmart; $5.99
· A pad of dollar bills; available from your bank
· Gift card to a lunch hotspot by his work
3. Doesn’t matter their age, they are 14 at heart.
· Architectural Lego toys; Barnes & Noble; $20
· Bad Boy Bag; www.spitfiregirl.com ; $15
· Hard-To-Find 70’s Candy (or any decade);Hometown Favorites at
4. They appreciate presence more than presents.
· Dinner with your full attention is always appreciated.
5. Sometimes the intangible is the best gift of all.
· A coupon book with the something important to them: a night home
alone, an opportunity to sleep in, an afternoon of golf. Don’t make them
“ask” to redeem, give them a calendar date for when you will make it