Turkey and rolls are standard Thanksgiving, so spice up the table with side dishes.
Mary Crafts Homer shares this yummy brussel sprout dish.
Glazed Brussel Sprouts
5 Pounds Brussel Sprouts
¼ Cup Olive Oil
Salt/Pepper to taste
4 each Shallots
12 Slices Thick Cut Bacon
3 Cups Apple Cider Vinegar
1 Cup Brown Sugar
3 TBS Lemon Juice
1. To clean the brussel sprout, rinse the brussel sprouts off in cold water to remove the dirt.
2. Cut the stem off by using a small knife.
3. Peel off any outer leaf that has any blemishes.
4. Cut the brussel sprouts into quarters to help them cook more evenly and get crispier.
5. Toss the brussel sprouts with the olive oil and salt and pepper.
6. In a separate pot, mix the apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, and lemon juice and cook until sugar fully dissolves to make the glaze.
7. Coat the brussel sprouts in the glaze.
8. Roast in the oven at a high temperature (around 450°F) until brussel sprouts are browned and crispy.
9. Cook the bacon and crumble into small pieces.
10. All these items can be prepared to this point 3 days in advance.
11. Clean and cut the shallots into rings. Quickly saute them in a pan for just 2 minutes to help them cook faster.
12. When brussel sprouts are almost done cooking in oven, toss them with the cooked bacon and pre cooked shallots.
Find Culinary Crafts online at www.culinarycrafts.com.