12 ounces each: ground beef, ground turkey
4-6 green onions; diced (about 1/3 C.)
1 cup toasted Panko bread crumbs
4 T. Dijon mustard
3 T. Ketchup
2 Tbsp. Worcestershire
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
4-6 oz. Gorgonzola cheese (crumbled or thinly sliced)
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a large mixing bowl combine all the ingredients except the gorgonzola cheese. Do not stir until all ingredients have been added to the bowl.
3. Using your hands mix until the ingredients are well incorporated into the meat.
4. Divide the mixture in half. Take one half and form it into long oval/rectangular shape in the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish sprayed with cooking spray. Form a small crater/divot in the middle of the meat.
5. Lay the sliced or crumbled gorgonzola along the crater down the center.
6. Take the other half of the meat and cover the cheese and top of the meat loaf. Spray the entire meat loaf with cooking spray.
7. Bake at 375 for 1 hour or until the meat reaches 165 degrees in the center. (One hour should be plenty. If you have a convection oven, it may take less time.)
8. When the meat loaf is done. Allow to cool for 10 minutes, slice and serve drizzled with balsamic glaze.
Balsamic Glaze (bottled or see recipe below)
Mindika Nordfelt Thiebaud
1 C. Balsamic Vinegar
1 T. brown sugar
1. In medium sauce pan combine the vinegar and sugar.
2. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and allow to simmer until the vinegar reduces to a syrup. About 5 minutes.