This Greek chickpea salad is ready in 10 minutes!
Whip up a perfect, easy lunch or light dinner! This salad is packed with crunchy vegetables, chickpeas, and a zesty lemon dressing, and is the perfect filling and healthy salad to add to your meal prep rotation.
Alex Daynes shares how to make it. You can either mix the feta into the salad or add it just before serving as a topping. Pair it with Alex’s Greek Lemon Chicken and it’s a match made in heaven. This chicken bursts with fresh lemon flavor and is so easy to make! The chicken breasts are soaked in a lemon yogurt marinade and grilled to lightly charred perfection. It’s a recipe everyone is sure to love!
Greek Chickpea Salad
- 2 16 ounce cans of chickpeas
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- 1 diced green onion
- ½ cup fresh parsley
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 English cucumber
- 2-3 fresh mint leaves
- Fresh lemon juice
- Olive oil or your favorite Italian Dressing
- *Optional: feta cheese
- Rinse and drain chickpeas and set in a large bowl.
- Dice up the red onion, green onion, parsley, bell pepper, cucumber, and mint. Add to the bowl with the grape tomatoes.
- Drizzle with lemon juice and olive oil or dressing.
- Store in the fridge for up to one week.
Greek Lemon Chicken
- 4 (6 oz) boneless chicken breast
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
- Salt and black pepper
- Chopped fresh parsley , for serving
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together olive oil, Greek yogurt, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, Italian seasoning, and season with salt and pepper (about 1 tsp salt 1/2 tsp pepper).
- Place chicken in a gallon-size resealable bag, pour in the mixture. Seal bag while pressing the air out. Rub marinade over chicken. Transfer to refrigerator and allow to marinate for 20 minutes.
- Preheat grill over medium-high heat.
- Brush grill grates lightly with olive oil. Place chicken on the grill, close lid, and grill about 4 minutes per side, or until chicken registers 160 – 165 degrees F in the center of chicken on an instant-read thermometer
- Let chicken rest for 5 minutes, garnish with fresh parsley then serve immediately.