It’s got a smokey, lightly charred taste, with all the veggies to pack in the health factor. Whip up this chicken chipotle salad for Father’s Day and everyone will be pleased.
Karen Mangum shares the recipe for this dish you’ll want to try tonight.
Find more of Karen’s recipes on her website, www.insidekarenskitchen.com.
Grilled Chipotle Chicken Salad with Cilantro Lime Ranch Dressing
Chipotle Chicken Rub
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Cilantro Lime Ranch Dressing
- 4 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 1 cup sliced mango
- 1 large avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1 (15-ounce) can low-sodium black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup grape tomato halves
- 1/2 cup corn, fresh or thawed from frozen
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup red onion slices
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Combine chicken rub ingredients together in a small bowl and whisk together. Rub evenly all over chicken breasts. Let chicken sit for 30 minutes at room temperature or refrigerate up to 8 hours, then bring to room temperature before grilling.
- Preheat grill to medium heat, 375-450 degrees F. Grill chicken for 5 to 7 minutes per side, or until chicken is cooked through and juices no longer run pink. (An inserted thermometer should read 165 degrees F.)
- Remove chicken from grill and let rest 5 minutes before slicing into 1/4-inch slices.
- For the Dressing: Make the Cilantro Lime Ranch Dressing according to recipe directions. Chill in refrigerator before serving.
- For the Salad: Arrange chicken slices in serving bowl with romaine lettuce, mango, avocado, black beans, grape tomatoes, corn, red bell pepper and red onion. Drizzle with prepared dressing; reserve leftovers in the refrigerator. Dressing will keep up to one week.
- Serve tossed or deconstructed (as pictured).