A grilled veggie makes any salad more delicious.
Make veggies something you crave!
Lisa Danielson shares how to bring new life to your plate of greens with a fresh spring salad recipe. Her trick? Grill the veggies for added depth and flavor.
For more recipes and ideas from Lisa, follow her on Instagram at @veggie_lisa.
Grilled Veggie Spring Salad
- 4 cups cooked whole grain pasta or gf pasta option
- 2 medium red peppers, quartered lengthwise
- 2 small zucchinis, halved lengthwise
- 1 red onion sliced into 1-inch discs
- 2 large avocados, diced
- 6 TBSP olive oil
- 2 TBSP balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 4 TBSP fresh oregano
- 1/4 c shredded parmesan cheese
- Lightly brush vegetables (except avocado) with 2 TBSP of the olive oil. Grill pepper, zucchini, and onion on high heat for 5 minutes on each side.
- Remove from grill, cool, and cut into bite size pieces
- In a large bowl combine pasta and vegetables. Add remaining oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Top salad with diced avocado, cheese, oregano and some additional black pepper
- Serve immediately