3 Tablespoons yellow cornmeal
2 Tablespoons curry powder
3 Tablespoons ground cumin
2 Tablespoons allspice
3 Tablespoons paprika
2 Tablespoons powdered ginger
1 Tablespoon garlic powder
½ to 1 Tablespoon cayenne or red fresh ground chili pepper
½ Tablespoon salt
1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
Olive oil cooking spray
2 egg whites mixed with a tablespoon of water in a shallow bowl or dish
6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
6 firm green/yellow bananas skin on and halved lengthwise
1 Tablespoon Land O’Lakes Light Whipped Butter
2 Tablespoons molasses or dark brown sugar
1. Mix cornmeal together well with all spices in shallow bowl or dish and set aside.
2. In small bowl beat egg with 1-tablespoon water. Coat both sides breast in egg white, then coat in spice mixture. Place breasts on a plate and chill for 2 hours.
3. Lightly spray a baking sheet with olive oil cooking spray and preheat oven to 350 F.
1. Bake chicken at 350 F for 20 to 25 minutes turning over once until juices run clear. Remove chicken from baking sheet and place directly on medium hot grill for 2 to 3 minutes on each side just to sear and dry chicken’s spice crust. Do not turn more than once or crust will pull off meat. Remove chicken from grill
2. Scrap any visible crusting off of grill. Peel banana halves and spray flat side a little non stick olive oil cooking spray and place then on the grill flat side down. Grill them for about 2 minutes or until the flat sides are slightly golden in color. Lightly spray other side of banana while flat side is grilling for 2 minutes, the flip and grill for an additional 2 minutes on rounded sides.
3. Remove banana halves from grill. Mix light butter together with molasses or brown sugar and paint this over the bananas. Serve chicken breasts and banana halves together, sprinkled with a little lime juice.
Yield: Yield: 6 servings each of 1 chicken breast and one banana at approximately 260 calories; 5 grams total fat; 1.4 grams saturated fat; 20 milligrams cholesterol; 54 grams carbohydrate; 6.1 grams dietary fiber; 11.2 grams protein; 847 milligrams sodium.
High Fat Version contains 635 calories vs. 280 and 33 grams of fat vs. 5