Melanie Douglass, R.D., NASM, AFFA, shares tips and exercises to help you tone your lower body!
Celebrate your curves by making them stronger and more efficient. Working on your lower body is good for you; mind, body and spirit, because the large muscles in your lower body burn more calories and promote a healthier metabolism.
Before you start this short “rear” program, remember these tips:
• Contract your abs and glutes in every day activities – when you sit down, stand up, walk, exercise, even watch TV!
• A fabulous rear requires a sensible program including 20 – 30 minutes of cardio, the rear workout (below), and sensible food choices.
• Eat 1/3 less than you do now, at each and every meal or snack. It’s a small change that adds up to make a big difference in your health.
• Stretch your hip flexors, hamstrings and glutes once per day. It takes 3 minutes and helps reduce muscular imbalances, pain and risk of injury.
• Remember a fabulous rear is supposed to be curvy! Embrace your unique body… just make it as strong and healthy as can be.
Here are 5 focused exercises to shape and tone where you want it most. Perform 12 – 15 reps of each exercise. Start with one set and work up to 3 sets as you feel comfortable.
1. Leaning Lunge
3. Single-Leg Bridge
5. Plank Drop
Contact Melanie at: www.tonicfit.com