Abong Bain with Head Over Heels visits Studio 5 with some great up-to-date fashion looks, ideas and tips for your Prom Night
Ideas you can use to prepare for your big night*:
BUYING A DRESS
1. Skim through magazines
2. Decide if you want to go long or short
3. Think about what looks good on you (full, straight, patterned, etc)
4. Go shopping early (at least 2-3 weeks before Prom) so you’re not stressed and have time to really look
5. Try dresses you don’t like … what may not look good on the hanger may look very good on you.
WHAT’S BIG THIS SEASON
Ball gowns, flowers, hem lines, bright colors, ruffles, beads, black and white dresses, asymmetrical designs, hair off the shoulders, retro necklaces and big jewelry are big this season.
Accessories include a matching sheer shawl or handbags with ornate beads.
PROM DO’S AND DON’TS
1. DO Stand out in rhinestones and/or a bright colored gown
2. DO Wear a lip-gloss that makes your lips shiny and smells good
3. DO Wear some sort of hair decor whether it’s baby’s breath, a tiara or sparkling hair clip
4. DO Bring a camera since professional photos are expensive. have candid moments to remember
5. DO Prepare for prom a week before. Get a good night’s rest and eat lots of fruits and veggies. Try hair makeovers and give each other manicures and facials
6. DON’T Forget your date’s boutonniere
7. DON’T Forget a mini-emergency kit lik gloss, bobby pins, hair spray, extra cash
8. DON’T Freak out about your hair do. Have a back-up do
HEAD OVER HEELS would love to help you with your new prom dress. If you stop by their stores, located in West Valley City, Ogden, Logan, Pocatello and soon, in Idaho Falls, between April 16-23, 2008 and mention you saw them on Studio 5, you’ll get 25% off a new prom dress.
* From Prom-dresses.com by Odette Christiane
To locate the Head Over Heels store nearest you, go to www.shopheadoverheels.com.