One batch of this Green Goddess soup will have you feeling more healthy.
This Green Goddess Soup is full of feel-good veggies and greens, it’s quick and easy to make, and it tastes and feels great.
Lisa Danielson calls this her reset meal. She says whenever she’s had some food that isn’t normally in her diet, she always makes a big batch of this and keeps it in her fridge and eats it until she starts to feel more like herself! It’s also full of nutrients and really gives the immune system a boost. Don’t fear the color, the basil and garlic give it a nice flavor. You will want to make this over and over!
Find more recipes from Lisa on Instagram, @veggie_lisa.
Green Goddess Soup
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 3-4 medium leeks, green parts trimmed and discarded, white parts washed well and chopped
- 4 medium zucchinis, ends trimmed, and chopped (about 4 cups total)
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt (adjust as needed) 1 tsp. pepper
- 2 c veggie broth
- 4 tbsp. fresh basil
- 4 c fresh spinach
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil and add the garlic, leeks and zucchini. Stir in the salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, 3-4 minutes, until the leeks have softened.
- Add the broth, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until the zucchini is super tender. This should take around 10 minutes. Add in basil and spinach and stir until wilted. Allow to cool for up to 20 minutes.
- Blend well with an immersion blender or transfer to high powered blender for batches. You can store this in the fridge for about a week. Easy to double and freeze!
Per Serving (serves 6): Calories 96 Protein 5g Fat 5g Carbs 13g