Fruit roll ups aren’t just for kids anymore.
Suzy Robertson shares how to make a healthy version for an afternoon snack.
Healthy Homemade Fruit Rolls
1 lb. strawberries (1 lb. per dehydrator sheet)
1 tsp. lime juice
5-10 drops of Stevia as a sweetener (you can also use a Tbsp. of sugar or honey if you would like)
Coconut oil spray
1. Lightly coat your dehydrator tray with oil to keep the fruit from sticking to the sheet.
2. Blend strawberries with lime juice and sweetener.
3. Once fruit is pureed pour it evenly onto your fruit tray.
4. Spread the fruit evenly with your favorite spatula.
5. Set your dehydrator to 135 degrees and dehydrate for 4-8 hours or until it is leathery and pliable. If you want it really crispy like a chip, keep drying.
6. Remove from the sheets and roll in parchment paper or plastic wrap. If it doesn’t come off easily, then you need to let it keep drying. I sometimes lift it off and turn it over to dry the bottom if I got too much oil on it. You can also cut them into strips & store them in an air tight container.
Find more of Suzy’s recipes at www.foodiegonehealthy.com.
Enter to win a dehydrator! Like Foodie Gone Healthy on Facebook, follow on Instagram, sign up for their email list, and tag three friends in the contest post on social media. You will be entered four times if you do all four. The winner will be announced on March 13, 2017.