Use this coconut granola as the topper for your breakfast or the base for your dessert!
This is the perfect crunchy snack for the afternoon or a wonderful topping on your breakfast yogurt with berries! It’s made using healthy fats and sweeteners, so it’s better for you than store bought granola, and it tastes better too!
Suzy Robertson makes healthy recipes approachable and delicious! She shares how to make homemade cinnamon coconut granola.
Cinnamon Coconut Granola
- 1/2 c. Coconut oil
- 1/2 c. Maple syrup
- 1/4 c. Honey
- 1/3 c. Whole wheat flour (can use gluten free if needed)
- 1/2 tsp. Vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. Almond extract
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- 2 c. Rice Krispie cereal or puffed brown rice
- 2 c. Rolled oats
- 1 cup Shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup nuts (whole or sliced. I like almonds, pistachios & cashews-1 or all 3)
- 1/2 c. flax seeds, flax meal or chia seeds
- 1 cup Craisins or other dried fruit (optional)
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Put the first four ingredients in a pot and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- When all the ingredients are melted together, remove from heat and add the vanilla, almond, & cinnamon.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the dry ingredients together (keep the dried fruit out if you want them to be more moist & add them after the granola is done being cooked). Pour hot mixture over dry mix in bowl and stir until well mixed.
- Transfer the mixture onto 2 baking pans lined with parchment paper on it. If you don’t have parchment paper, you can spray lightly with non-stick spray.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until golden brown (if you like crispy granola then bake it for 20 minutes, but if you like crunchy granola then bake it for 30 minutes). Set time for 10=15 minutes so you can give the granola a quick stir halfway through. Use a spatula to mix it around & then bake for another 20 minutes.
- Allow the granola to cool for 1 hour. Add dried fruit here if desired.
- Break into desired pieces if clumped together, then place in an airtight container.
Take granola and place it in a greased tart tin or in the bottom of ramekins. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely before adding yogurt & berries.