Pumpkin spice everything can extend into homemade marshmallows too.
Lindsey Joy Smith shares how to get the perfect pumpkin flavor in this treat.
Pumpkin Spice Marshmallows
3 packages of non-flavored gelatin.
½ c cold water
1 ½ c sugar
1 c corn syrup
½ c water
¼ tsp. salt
2 tsp. pumpkin spice, divided or
1 ½ tsp cinnamon
½ tsp ginger
½ tsp nutmeg
¼ tsp cloves
¼ c powder sugar
¼ c corn starch
2 tsp vanilla
orange food coloring
1. Combine gelatin and cold water in mixer. Let it sit whilst prepping the sugar syrup.
2. In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar, corn syrup, water and salt. Over medium high heat, cook till the temp of the mixture comes to 240° F. Immediately remove from heat.
3. With the whisk attachment on your mixer, turn it onto its slowest setting whilst slowly (and carefully!) pouring the sugar syrup into the mixer. Once it’s all in, carefully turn the mixer to its highest setting. Set the timer for 13 minutes.
4. Combine 1 tsp of pumpkin spice with the powdered sugar and the corn starch. Spray a 9 X 13 inch pan, then generously coat with the pumpkin spice mixture.
5. When the timer goes off, continue to whip the marshmallows and add the remaining tsp of pumpkin spice, the vanilla and the food coloring (till desired color is reached. Whip for two more minutes.
6. Using a sprayed spatula, carefully pour the marshmallows into the prepared pan. Sprinkle with remaining pumpkin sugar blend. Cover with cling film and let rest for three hours.
7. When ready to cut, use cookie cutters, a knife or a pizza cutter coated in cooking spray.
Find more of Lindsey’s recipes at www.thechipperchef.com.