Try homemade sushi for a fun dinner experience.
We love to play with our food, and we love a good food experience! So, plan a homemade sushi night! t’s surprisingly simple and fun.
Beverly Constantine shares how to make her Korean Beef Sushi.
Find more recipes from Beverly on Instagram, @mychunkytable.
Kimbap (Korean Beef Homemade Sushi)
For the Beef
- 2 lbs. Thinly Sliced Beef
- 1 Bottle Bulgogi marinade
- 1-2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 Green onion
For the Sushi Roll
- 1 package matchstick carrots
- 3 Mini cucumbers (persian pickles or english)
- 6 Eggs
- 1 package Daikon, yellow pickled radish
- 5 Cups Short grain rice or sushi rice
- 4-5 Tbsp sushi vinegar
- 10-12 sheets Japanese seaweed
- In a frying pan over medium/ high heat cook marinated bulgogi beef, then set aside and reserve.
- Place warm rice in a mixing bowl. Add sushi vinegar and mix well then set aside.
- Cut cucumber and daikon into julienne strips.
- Heat a nonstick skillet on medium. Add carrots and sesame oil. Briefly stir-fry the carrots till slightly softened, 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Whisk eggs in a small bowl. Cook eggs on nonstick skillet for 1 minute. Once cooked on one side, flip over and cook for an extra minute.
- Remove the omelet from the pan and cut into thin long strips. Set aside.
- Using a bamboo sushi roller, lay one piece of the dried Japanese seaweed shiny side down.
- Spread 1/2 cup of the cooked and seasoned rice out onto 2/3 of the seaweed, leaving the top 1/3 bare.
- Once the rice is spread out flat, create a horizontal line of bulgogi, about a third of the way up from the bottom of the seaweed.
- Add a little of each filling, carrot, cucumber, pickled radish, and egg.
- Roll tightly from the bottom. As you continue to roll, pull the roll down toward the end of the bamboo mat. You can add a tiny dab of water along the top seam to seal the roll close.
- Repeat process with the remaining ingredients and seaweed sheets.