1/2 cup butter (no substitutes)
1/4 cup shortening (no substitutes)
1/4 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/4 cups cake flour
dash of salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup butter
1-1/2 cups brown sugar
3 tablespoons white sugar
1/3 cup honey
1 cup pecans, chopped
1/4 cup whipping cream (not whipped)
1. Cream butter, shortening and sugars until smooth
2. Add egg and vanilla. Mix cake in flour, salt and baking powder. Mix only until well blended. Pat into a 9×13 pan. Prick with a fork and bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes.
3. For filling, combine butter, brown sugar, white sugar, and honey in saucepan or a microwave measure. After mixing, bring to a boil without stirring and boil 3 minutes.
4. Spread hot filling over hot pastry. Sprinkle with pecans and drizzle with whipping cream.
5. Return to over for another 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees or until nicely browned.