Elizabeth Csere with Kimball Distributing sheds some light on what you need to know about each of these important additions to your kitchen.
Built-in surface cooking products provide professional performance exactly where you need it. Cooktops and Rangetops fit perfectly into islands and countertops, strategically delivering all the BTU’s (British thermal units) you could ever need.
• Gas Cooktops
Designed to fit virtually all 30″ and 36″ wide cooktop cutouts, these models make it simple to replace old cooktops with commercial cooking power. And these cooktops definitely deliver the power – up to 16,000 searing BTU’s.
• Gas Rangetops
The 30″, 36″, and 48″ wide gas rangetops allow you to have the advantages of the top of the stove, without having the whole stove. Some of these advantages are the VariSimmer™ settings that allow you to make those wonderful sauces without a double boiler, or to boil with up to 16,000btu’s, not to mention the griddle or grill options. Rangetops also allow you to have your single or double wall ovens built-in at a height that is convenient for you.
• Electric Cooktops
The electric cooktop’s QuickCook™ surface elements and high infrared transmission make for fast cooking, while the durable glass ceramic top allows for easy cleanup.
• Induction Cooktops
With induction cooking, a magnetic field instantly transforms your cookware into the heat source – and an extremely efficient one, at that.
Commercial-grade technology ensures professional power; reliability, and precision control, Induction cooktops are also compatible with most high-end stainless steel, enamel, and cast-iron cookware. Some models are offered with a combination of electric QuickCook™ and Induction elements.
Other Great Features to Look for:
• Large, easy-to-read knobs with childproof, push-to-turn safety feature.
• Automatic electric spark ignition – no standing pilot to re-light, waste energy, or add extra heat to the kitchen.
• Sealed burners with one-piece tooling with raised edges around the perimeter to seal the top and completely contain spills.
• Open burners with removable porcelain grate supports, with separate removable, dishwasher safe porcelain burner bowls that can go in the dishwasher.
• Smooth, wear-resistant glass ceramic surfaces for easy clean-up.
• Continuous grate design for easy movement of pots and pans
Be sure to watch Hot Homes of Utah on KSL every Sunday morning at 9 AM. Get lots of great information on what you need to know about your home.