This salad is packed with protein, and makes for a healthy, filling meal.
Karen Petersen with Oakdell Eggs shares how to put it together in the Instant Pot.
Instant Pot Egg, Chicken, and Avocado Salad
4 Oakdell Omega-3 Brown Eggs
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (thawed chicken will work as well)
1 1/2 cups chicken broth (or 1 ½ cups water with 1 ½ tsp better than bouillon chicken base)
2 cups frozen white sweet corn
¼ cup diced green onions
2 medium tomatoes, diced
3 small to medium ripe avocados, sliced into bite size pieces
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Juice from one lemon (about 3 Tbsp)
3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp kosher salt
1/8 tsp black pepper
1 tsp dried dill
1. Pour chicken broth in the bottom of your Instant Pot (IP). If using frozen chicken, place rack in the bottom of IP. Place frozen chicken on top of the rack. If you’re using fresh chicken you don’t need a rack. Just place the chicken in the chicken broth. Place the eggs in a small Pyrex or corningware dish and place the dish on top of the chicken.
2. Secure the lid on top of the IP. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Press the manual button and adjust the time to 10 minutes. When the timer beeps let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes and then release any more pressure by moving the valve to venting.
3. While the chicken is cooking you can prepare your other ingredients (dicing the onion, dicing the tomatoes, etc.). Prepare the dressing by whisking the lemon juice, olive oil, salt, pepper and dill in a small bowl.
4. Once pressure is released, remove the lid and carefully remove the eggs. Place the eggs in a bowl filled with ice and water. Let the eggs cool in the ice bath for 5 minutes. When cooled, peel and chop up the eggs.
5. Place the chicken on a cutting board and use a knife and fork to shred or to the cut the chicken into bite-size pieces. Place the chicken in a salad bowl. Add in the avocados, corn, green onions, hard boiled eggs and tomatoes. Toss together. Drizzle the salad dressing over the top and toss. Salt and pepper to taste and serve.
For more information, visit www.oakdell.com.