Darin Engh, from Engh Gardens, highlights the June Gardening “To-Do” List.
• Fertilize vegetable every four weeks.
• Watch for slug and snail damage on plants, apply bait to control.
• Cut back foliage on bulbs. Move or replant bulbs if needed.
• Treat for billibugs, grubs, and other lawn insects.
• Control: tobacco budworm on geraniums and petunias.
• Pollinate tomato plants with a paint brush.
• Continue your regular fruit tree spray schedule.
• Cultivate soil to help kill weeds and aerate.
• Make some time to enjoy the beauty of your garden.
• Plant another row of lettuce, before the intense summer heat arrives.
• Fertilize plants growing in planter and window boxes regularly.
• Why not plant some herbs by the kitchen window.
• Remove any spent flower heads from spring blooming shrubs, like lilacs and rhododendrons.
• June is Perennial Gardening Month and a great time to plant perennials.
• Fertilize landscape beds.
• Apply Natural Guard Lawn, Garden, and Pet Insect Spray to keep mosquitoes and other pests out of your yard for parties or barbecues.
For more information, you can contact Darin at Engh Gardens in Sandy, or online at www.enghgardens.com.