If you love chocolate, you’ll love this recipe.
Lindsey Joy Smith shares how to make this rich, European delicacy.
Killer Chocolate Chili Torte
1 cup water
¾ c sugar
1 Stick butter
18 oz. bittersweet/semisweet chocolate
6 large eggs
¾ tsp chipotle chili powder
½ tsp cinnamon
dash of cayenne
1. Turn oven to 350 degrees and butter a 10 inch spring-form pan. Wrap outside of pan with several layers of foil to ensure that the water from the water bath pan doesn’t leak into the torte.
2. In a small sauce pan, heat water and sugar to a slow simmer for 5 min, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
3. Melt butter in a large saucepan over low/medium heat. Pour the chocolate into the butter and whisk till melted. Remove from the heat.
4. Slowly whisk the sugar syrup into the chocolate. Let cool slightly (a few minutes).
5. Whisk in the eggs, one at a time.
6. Stir in the spices.
7. Pour the batter into the prepared spring-form pan and place into a larger 9 high rimmed pan. Fill the outer pan with water (about halfway up the cake pan).
8. Cook in the oven for 50 minutes, or until the center is set.
9. Remove from the oven and let cool completely. Can be topped with fresh fruit, powdered sugar, or a ganache.
Find more recipes from Lindsey at www.thechipperchef.com.