Take your dinner tropical with these lettuce wraps.
Better than take-out, and better for you, too! This healthy, low carb dinner will be a family favorite.
Whitney Cummock shares her recipe for pineapple beef lettuce wraps. The fresh pineapple in this recipe gives it both a pop of flavor and a hint of island flare.
For more recipes and ideas from Whitney, follow her on Instagram at @whitsfoodfit.
Pineapple Beef Lettuce Wraps
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos (or soy sauce)
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/4 tsp ginger powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp arrowroot starch
- 1 tsp water
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil
- 1.25lbs ground beef
- Salt, to taste
- 4 cloves of garlic, smashed/diced
- 1/2 Tbsp fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cups pineapple, diced small
- 1 head of butter lettuce
- Shredded carrots, for topping
- Cilantro, for topping
- Extra limes for topping (optional)
- Mix all sauce ingredients, except for arrowroot and water, in a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat a large pan on the stove, add oil, and then ground beef. Break the beef into small chunks.
- When the beef mostly cooked, but not all the way, add salt, to taste.
- Next, dump the onion and pineapple in the pan and cook until soft.
- While the pineapple and onions are cooking in the meat, heat the sauce in a small saucepan over medium/high heat.
- Let the sauce come to a light boil, then simmer for about 2 minutes, then turn the heat to low.
- Mix the arrowroot starch and water in a small bowl and then pour into the sauce.
- Stir for a minute or two, or until the sauce thickens.
- Serve the meat in individual lettuce leaves and top with the sauce, shredded carrots, cilantro, and extra lime.